bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
i agree. bmw makes a statement with twin round headlights next to each other not stacked. They will lose their identity doing this. curious what the top will look like up on it. Glad we didnt see the shifter the x1/2 got meaning this is definitely staying rwd.
You guys gotta let go of some of this dogma. Of course, BMW doesn't help, what with their constant propaganda about brand design elements. Yes, many BMWs have featured twin round headlights, but many have not. Especially roadsters.

One of BMW's most iconic roadsters, the
View post on imgur.com
, had single headlamps. In fact, most BMWs made prior to the introduction of the New Class coupes had single headlamps. Many cars produced after that had single headlamps as well. The 02-series (e.g., 2002, 1600) and E21, for example, had single headlamps.

The quad headlamps, as an iconic design element, can probably be attributed to the E9, and then the E30 3-series. The E9 is where people lusted after them, and the E30 is where BMW implanted them in the mainstream, cementing them as a "brand element".

Modern BMW roadsters all trace their lineage back to the 507 Roadster (below), which had single headlamps. The E85 and E89 had quad lamps, but only the E89 had a headlamp design that really accentuated that fact. IMO, this design is a return to form, and I hope they stick with it.

View post on imgur.com
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1