View Single Post
      10-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbeef
I'm on the fence about coming back to a used 2011 740i M Sport with over 55k on the clock. With my previous experiences (and nightmares) from my old 2001, I'm apprehensive about making the jump back to a 7.

I'll keep doing my homework.
Honestly, the e65/66 is not even in the same ballpark as the new 7. I had three e66 over the course of seven years. They were terrible. The only time these cars seemed awesome were when you read the brochure. The newer F series is the real deal. The F01/02 delivers on almost every promise. The e65/66 while a breakthrough on styling at the time, were a hardware and firmware nightmare. In fact, the e66 was directly responsible for the new English word "firmmare." Even the brochure had this cars picture taken on Elm street in Portland: hence the classic title: "e66: Firmmare on Elm Street."

These are not cars you buy used. And I am talking about the newer F series, too.

You buy or lease these cars for 2 maybe 3 years, get your enjoyment and get rid of it.

If your finances or frugality leads you to consider a used 7, then I think you should shift to a 5 or 3.

Problems with these cars exponentially increase after the 36th month regardless of mileage.

Life is too short to risk being frustrated with a car that is troublesome.
Appreciate 0