TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Mrs and i have our 10 year anniversary coming up as well as a second sprog on the way so are looking to head somewhere warmish for a quick 4 or 5 day getaway. Mrs chose Miami which sounds as good as anywhere frankly.

We will have three full days tops, maybe as little as two. Any advice on where to stay and what to do? To be more accurate, i am struggling to get my head around where it would be nice to stroll around, as in is it downtown or Miami beach and if so, where do the good times end and the shifty neighbourhoods start?

We cannot walk forever as she is getting kind of round but a few hours a day is doable.

I was thinking finding a place somewhere in Miami beach that is walking distance to a beach then take it from there. If i keep it that simple though, where does "strolability" begin and end?
My personal advice as someone who has traveled there (so from a Visitor NOT a resident perspective) many times. With the fellas and with my wife.

1. Avoid South Beach! Sure it's trendy and what one most thinks of with Miami but it's also too congested. Way over priced as far as food and alcohol portions go. And generally unromantic.

With that being said, my recommendation is to stay in Coconut Grove. Much quieter BUT has plenty of "social activities" and plenty of great eating and shopping! Be sure and check out Green Street Cafe which is one of our favorites.