View Single Post
      04-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #13
venturecapital
Rep
Drives: not fast enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater328iT View Post
A used GTI might work if you have to get something, or maybe a used VW R. I like those two except for the 60/40 weight distribution. I had a WRX and I think it drives like a cheap car. The VW Golf line is more refined, but it is not a BMW.

Since BMW does not presently make a hatchback or wagon with stick shift, I probably would consider a VW R if I had to make a change.
I sat in the new WRX and honestly felt let down with how much people are paying for it. My colleague purchased a new 17 for $35k out the door. The interior feels lack luster and the quality seems cheap. He paid $35k for the WRX with auto transmission and that was it. Too much money for to little a car. Car doesn't seem responsive. I considered it for AWD but thinking more about it now its most likely going to come off my list. I looked at 328xi's with the M sport package but its hard to find ones that come in CPO. 335xi's are hard to find without mods and a CPO given the price range I want to be at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
If you do the CPO GTI, how much would you put down, and how would you handle the financing? If unsure, make arrangements with a local credit union or where ever you find the most competitive rate- chances are you'll save a point or two over the dealer financing. With an aggressive DP chances are decent that planned maintenance you have coming up will be balanced by several car payments and you'll have that warranty to cover your ass while you're working on a Masters.

Otherwise, just keep what you've got and wait.
Not going to place much down (maybe like 2k at the most) as it only decreases the monthly payment. I can tolerate an m3 lease if I was reckless and chose to sink the rest of my income on a car. But I also like to travel lol. So ideally looking to be under 350 a month. I would most likely prefer getting a loan with a local credit union as most people such as you have said the same. My fear is if I keep my car, the repairs will continue to get costly to the point were what I am spending on repairs could go into a monthly payment for something that is more reliable.

One of my smaller loans will be paid off by next year which frees up $400 a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Accord Coupe, a touch sporty and will run for a million miles until your loans are paid off.
Have an Accord now. Lets just say I don't ever want to deal with the Honda brand again.
Appreciate 0