View Single Post
      02-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

"I'm going to enjoy every race with the one on the car" -- Marco Wittmann

- Sometimes life is after all a request concert: If the DTM drivers roll into the starting line-up from this year, then their cars adorns the first time a starting number that they have chosen themselves. Each of the 24 world-class drivers who reach into the control of the Audi RS 5 DTM, DTM BMW M4 or Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM was allowed to call his own personal desire number before the start of the season.

The highlight: In future years, the now selected start numbers with them. Many years of DTM drivers such as Mattias Ekström, Paul di Resta and Martin Tomczyk will carry with it in the future a typical starting number as an identifying mark.

Only one number is assigned in each year anew, she is the favorite number of all drivers - the number 1, which is reserved for the current champion. 2015 they will decorate the BMW M4 DTM by Marco Wittmann. "I'm going to every race with the one on the car to enjoy," grins the BMW driver. "If I had not become a champion, I would have started with the # 11."

Most pilots have a special relationship with their race number. "For me, the 18 is connected to a kind of time travel," says about Augusto Farfus (BMW). "With this number I first started in karting in 1992 and a lot of fond memories of it. I will do my utmost to continue my personal success story with this starting point in the DTM."

Christian Vietoris (Mercedes AMG) chose for similar reasons, the number 8: "With this number, I was in the past always been very successful with the number I associate a good feeling, happiness and success with the number I have for example dominant Formula BMW.. won. " Also Audi driver Nico Müller chose "his" 51 For historical reasons: it was his first race number at a go-karting.

(Obviously the 2014 version! The new Farfus car is the Shell M4)

A little superstition was for many pilots in the game - including Mike Rockenfeller (Audi, car number 99): "The 9 has always been a good number for me, since I thought that with twice 9 can not go wrong." he says. Brand mate Timo Scheider secured the 10 "because the 1 that I had before, this time was already gone - it's the sign for me to reach a goal."

Appreciate 0