05-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #40
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I hate the Patriots but really? You want to suspend the whole team for the entire season? For what? Because some cocky QB wanted to deflate some footballs?

Besides, on top of the 4 game suspension (25% of the regular season) and the $1M fine, they also lose first round pick next year and a fourth round pick a year after that.

I think it fits the crime.
Suspending the team for a year may be too tough a punishment, but at the team level, $1M is hardly tough enough. $1M is just not that much for a nearly $3B organization. It's probably sufficient a penalty to levy against Mr. Brady if it's combined with the four game suspension.

If the team were denied the right to play in 2016 and the owner forced to nonetheless pay the salaries of the players who weren't involved in the matter, I think that would be sufficient to motivate all other team owners to take more than notional steps toward making sure that cheating and other ethical breaches don't happen.

Have you seen any sports team owners say one word about the ethics of the matter? Has one of them bothered to say something about any aspect of the matter?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0