03-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #55
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvitesse View Post
So given this is your new gig for the time being are you running a dash / inside camera?

Give possible insurance claims and safety concerns might be a good idea and cheap insurance.

While I don't drive for a living I put one in my daily/winter driver about 4 months ago just for peace of mind to take the he said she said out of the equation in case of an accident.

Experiencing the relative cheap price, WiFi video replay, and parking mode, going to probably put cameras in my other cars.

For about $150 maybe something you might want to consider.
I don’t have a dash cam but this is something I’m considering. Not only for God willing an accident but for passengers as well. For example, last month during a Lyft Line ride in SoBe (South Beach) a female attacked a male passenger and I’ve heard of male passengers sexually harassing female passengers as well on Uber Pool/Lyft Line. Plus, what if a passenger wrongly accusing me of anything? People are looking to sue and get rich quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
How do you decide whether to take a Uber or Lyft call if both come in at about the same time?

Neither cares that you drive for the other?

My insurance specifically excludes coverage if I were to do such driving. How do you address that?
Each morning that I start I turn on both apps and whichever ping I receive first I quickly accept it and then I open the other app and turn it off. Now there have been times when I receive a ping as soon as I accept the other and when that happens I don’t accept it and let it go on to the next driver.

I remember maybe three years ago that Uber and Lyft would tell their drivers to not drive for the other platform but drivers aren’t employed by either as we are independent contractors so by law they cannot force us to not drive for the other platform.

As for insurance I’m gambling now so I would have to look into how much extra it would be.
Appreciate 0