03-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #57
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
What sort of items have been left in your car? Did you keep them or return them? Don't lie, we wont judge.

As to the auto insurance questions, my insurance provider, USAA, always ask me if I use the vehicle for Uber/Lyft or any other taxi service. They offer coverage if so. My friend does it and he said his rates increased a whopping $5 per month (USAA).
I have found numerous items such as student passes for Miami’s lousy public transportation (Metro Rail/Bus), Michael Kors earrings, a cell phone and car keys. I have reported the cell phone but the owner hasn’t reached out to me and it’s been in my Honda for the last two weeks. Car keys were returned to the owner yesterday as we met at a neutral site. The pass I kept and sold it on CL for $15 (I kid) and the earrings I gave to my wife. The girl who left them in the car was throwing up outside of the passenger rear window in the 335 right before I bought the Honda. After I dropped her off there was literally BLOOD on my quarter panel . She did leave me a tip on the app the next day, as well as seeing her thong when she was hurling.

For instances like this I always carry a spray bootle with car wash soap/water and rags in the trunk tucked next to the spare tire. I also have a carpet cleaning can and I have been using my rubber mats from the e90 as people do dirty my interior.

For insurance, as I have already addressed I will be looking into it but I have shitty Geico so we’ll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvitesse View Post
I am with USAA and when I went into my policy in November to do storage on my one car on-line I noticed that there was a drop down to add ride share coverage on any one of my cars.

I think most bigger insurance companies offer this to cover u between fares if you ride share these days.

When you're on a fare, uber and lift insurance will cover you. The big question is to what limit and extent is the coverage afforded through uber and lyft insurance...the OP would have to answer.
Their insurance has a $2.5k deductible lol which is an absolute joke to cover damages to my car. Say I got into an accident on the way to pick up a passenger, there is no reason why I would admit that I’m on the clock. It would be handled like a normal accident. The passengers are covered for up to $1M but I haven’t read too much of the fine print.
Appreciate 0