02-03-2017, 12:54 AM   #470
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35Past1 View Post
Damn guys where do I even start?

1. Dudes who are "using" 3-4 sets of Dumbbells.
2. Curling in the squat rack.
3. Guys who try to circuit like 5 pieces of machinery.
4. Doing heavy dumbell presses and then dumping the weights. ( I have seen two iPhones/Numberous water bottles and a key fob crushed by people dumping weights and other people's stuff getting ruined because of it ).

There's so much more, but off the top these things definitely piss me off the most.
you raise an interesting question....

I wonder if there's liability associated with crushing someone's iphone by dropping weight (say, when completed with dumbbell chest press)...it wouldn't quite be negligence because dropping the dumbbells is pretty common and likely recommended in order to avoid injury, esp. with heavier weights...iPhone owner could argue that he put the iPhone on the ground in his limited space, because there was nowhere to put it (let's assume he doesn't wear pants with pockets...prob true for all females who wear yoga pants...)

I'm talking when someone puts their iPhone in a pretty vulnerable spot on the ground, but it's hooked up to their earbuds...

I would say no liability on weight dropper's part, likely gym owner's liability for negligently failing to instruct customers not to drop weight/put iPhone in vulnerable spots...even if he put it in terms and conditions, might be a good case...
Appreciate 0