03-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #17
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk_Circus View Post
I saw one on the road today and it's a REAL head turner. I absolutely hated the enormous grill, but it actually looks very nice in real life. Not surprisingly, that's how most new BMW's are - for me at least.
+1

When I first heard people complain about 'how big' the front grill was, I was concerned it would look bad on the car. After seeing the car in person and ESPECIALLY after test driving it, I can say that it is still well proportioned. I guess people NEED to find SOMETHING to criticize

The 750 is incredibly fast. I was driving on a curved on-ramp to enter a highway (wasn't even on the highway yet or freeway if you like) and was already going 130km/h (80mph)!! WOW. The interesting part about it is that the other two guys I had in the car with me didn't believe me when I mentioned this until they looked at the speedometer. I had driven the exact same route about an hour earlier in an MB S550 4Matic AMG version and the 750 was definitely faster, smoother and quieter. I enjoyed the ride a lot more in the 750 than the S550, hence my final purchase decision. I should also note that I drove an Audi S8 earlier that day and all I can say is that I would rate the Audi in 3rd place FAR behind the 750 and S550...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0