07-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #61
cavargas
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by needabeemer View Post
you are 100% spot on which is why i said that the 2015 C class has a far better interior than this car which is 3x the price. you are also 100% right that not much will change. when people from bmw say "this is a pre-production model" and that the finished product will be much different, what they mean is that the materials used will be different. the arm rest might have higher quality leather, the air vents might be aluminum, etc. but the general overall layout of the car will remain exactly the same. ive been a lurker on these boards for a few years now and ive seen the same lies said about cars ranging back to the 6 series. trust me, this is 90% of what the finished product will look like, and it doesnt come close to the S-class or even a 2015 C-class. if my post gets deleted or something then you will know that im right. bmw needs to really step it up because their current generation of cars were very lack luster and it looks like the next gen will be too.
+1 Design wise, this it, only materials, fit and finish improvements will change for the production model. Another example of BMW playing it too safe and using the best of the cost cutting, engineering and production friendly techniques that will do wonders on their balance sheets and make the board pretty happy but customers will eventually notice those in the long run specially when the competition are upping their game in the design field.
Appreciate 0