View Single Post
      10-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
7th Heaven
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750i

Angry BMW NA Runaround - Battery Replacement Not Covered Under Warranty - "Customer Error"

Does anyone know how to reach someone having authority within BMW NA, or perhaps the regional office that includes Texas?

It seems management and the BMW Warranty Reps are "non-customer facing," according to the customer service representative I spoke to last week.

I've been getting bizarre error messages about tire chains and adaptive headlights (when they're not on!).

The dealer advises the battery has been compromised as a result of not keeping the key fob over 30 meters away from the car overnight.

The BMW Rep says that constitutes customer error and will not cover battery replacement under warranty. After checking the Owner's Manual, I cannot find anything saying to keep the key away from the car or that failure to do so will void the battery warranty (although there's some likelihood of a "goodwill" replacement).

Without any documentation, the accusation of customer error has already eroded any goodwill I have toward BMW NA.

And the fact that the BMW Rep is hiding behind the dealership, as it BMW NA, is enough for me to consider small claims court and from a customer satisfaction standpoint, ditching my BMW.

Appreciate 0