Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
In Canada, the Sport package on the 7 series consist of:

Sport Package $4,500

Includes: Sport Leather Steering Wheel, 20" V-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 253, High Gloss Shadowline, Anthracite Roofliner.

The DD/ARS and IAS comes as a separate package:

Dynamic Handling Package $3,900

Includes: Dynamic Drive (Active Roll Stabilization), Integral Active Steering.

Or you can just add the IAS as a standalone option to your configuration:

Integral Active Steering $1,900

This is what I mean...
Most of the items here are accessories... Wheels, Shadowline, roofliner, bigger wheels, etc...
The second section is more important, bet lets break it down:

Dynamics Drive can be added (in the US) without having the sports package.
And Integral Active Steering (Not avail separately in the US) is a new feature that should give you new abilities, but NOT a requirement to make the car "A Sports Model" Dynamic drive is not an option in the M6 yet, that is still a sports car

Think about it..
Years ago, you had to select the sports package to get a Sports Tuned Suspension, and what it appears now is that BMW can now tune the current suspension on the fly when I press the Sports button (now included in ALL 7's) on my car while I didnt choose the "Sports Package". Even if you dont purchase the Sports Package - you get the Sports, Sports Plus & comfort button functions on the car!!!

Am I wrong or missing something?
We used to think of sports package as a type of vehicle TUNED for this type of ride - and since it appears that now most BMW cars can achieve this by a press of a button (stronger suspension and tighter curves) that the package is now a list of accessories.
What say you? am I confused? Am I making sense? or just cookoo for cocoa puffs as I hear my kids say.
Appreciate 0