View Single Post
      09-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #45
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

We had a fantastic breakfast downstairs in the hotel this morning. Afterwards we took the subway to the Louvre and spent a few hours taking it all in. (We have both been there before) Nice that the concierge had tickets to everything we want to see - so no need to wait in any ticket lines.

It was funny to see everyone rush in the direction on the Mona Lisa right from the start. Easy to do since they have directional markers posted.

I actually think the Louvre building is prettier than Versailles - and has some amazing rooms. (Nothing compares to the gardens at Versailles however.) In fact, I think the Louvre building is one of the finest works of art of the Louvre!

Although we generally enjoy paintings the most, I find taking pictures of objects and sculptures look better.

A few random things:

And finally, the biggest crowd pleaser:

The photo may remind people just how small it is.

For lunch, we were going to eat at Le Meurice (3 michelin stars) in the hotel of the same name... but we changed our mind and decided we'd save the special meal for dinner. Instead we ate at Le Dali (also at the Le Meurice) which was more casual... but still fantastic. We finished with a strawberry and pistachio sponge cake that had some gold leaf on it! Odd feeling eating real gold... but the cake was incredible.

We came back to the hotel for a nice long rest - and will be heading out to dinner soon. Tonight its Taillevent. It was a 3 star restaurant, but lost its 3rd star in 2007. Good thing since 3 stars require a jacket & tie (2 stars only a jacket) - I didn't even pack a tie.

I have an appointment with TT Car to drop off the car tomorrow at 8AM. I hope to be back to the hotel by about 9:15 - so Mrs. Hayden and I can have breakfast together.

Our last full day tomorrow... we hope to see Montparnasse, the Musee d'Orsay and save the Eiffel Tower for after sunset.

Appreciate 0