11-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #59
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
The car is being tinted right now. $420 for Ceramic tint! Can't wait to see how it looks. After the no-wash period expires I'll give it a good bath and take some new pictures.

Two little annoyances after driving it for a few days back in my element.
  1. You really can't close the trunk electronically except from button on the actual trunk? I should be able to close it from inside the car, or from the remote while walking away. I can do both with a Mercedes
  2. There seems to be no way for me to illuminate the rear seat area at night from the drivers seat. I'd like to be able to see what my 1.5 year old is up to in the back - but can't. This is also something I could have easily done in a Mercedes.

Anyone at BMW paying attention?
That's what I paid for my ceramic tint too...

1) +1 This has been discussed before also on other BMW models in other forums that have powered trunks. Everyone I discussed this problem with seems to have the same issue with it. I also wish you could close it from the inside, especially when it's cold outside or raining!

2) You should be able to press the light switch on the center light cluster in front of the sunroof and that should turn the cabin lighting on. I have the reading lights in the back which are part of the individual package. I don't know what the standard rear seating lighting looks like. I actually just tried it in my car and it does turn the front seat and rear seat reading lights on... works quite well...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0