06-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
After seeing your pictures I decided to dip the chrome trim on the front bumper, I never liked it and it looks much cleaner going all black.
Awesome. To prep the chrome surfaces, I just wipe the pieces down with alcohol. To remove the grills, losen all the star screws on top of the bumper. Bend the bumper away from the car, use a flat head screw driver to pop the top and side clips of the grills (you'll need help). Once the the top and side clips are popped out, just yank the grill out with force (it's too difficult to pop the bottom clips, you're not going to hurt it). Post some pics once you're done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKBMF01 View Post
Dip the wheels and side markers including reflectors , i have seen them dipped, they look really nice!
I plan on doing the rest of the trims, but not the wheels. Plasti Dip surface has a lot of pores, so when it's raining the surface will hold a lot of water. This means that the wheels will get wet unevenly, causing vibrating on wet days. This is fact tested by many of my friends who have plasti dipped their wheels, maybe glossifier will help with the water issues.

Last edited by JNoSol; 06-17-2013 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0