View Single Post
      04-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
I went to two different Cadillac dealerships to look at the ATS-V and CTS-V. I believe they made those cars to appeal to people like us so they want change.

I would think that both of those cars are an indication of change and that they're trying. The problem is - NOBODY TOLD THE DEALERSHIPS.

When I walked in I was looked at like "why aren't you 100 years old? not serious; please leave". I asked about the ATS-V at one place and this guy wouldn't even get out of his chair to shake my hand. Then he went on to say how expensive it is as to say I couldn't afford it so I'm not worth getting out of his chair for. For the record, I was not dressed down. For example, I happen to be wearing an $8,000 watch at this time.

I went to another dealer and again, I was looked at like I didn't belong there. I was showed the outside of the car but they wouldn't even start it up.

It was one of the craziest experiences I've had at a dealership let alone two. They felt dated and out of touch with their new potential customer base.

I really wanted a manual sedan too. I thought it would have been cool to sport an american car in my area. Like a trendsetter or something. Yea... no, didn't get past the dated sales people.

I'm actually shaking my head with disbelief as I type this because thinking back on it, I feel bad for the people that are trying to make it "cool" but they're failing due to someone forgetting to tell the front lines.

The whole thing was embarrassing and uncomfortable.