View Single Post
      06-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I am looking to pick up a new daily driver. I've had a mix of cars over the last few years including a 2011 750Li. I am usually an M5 type of buyer... but there is no point for an M5 in Houston (I am from California and the roads SUCK here in Houston).

A local dealer has several 2014 750's on the lot still. I have seen other local dealers discounting 2015 750's $13k on a $93k sticker.... and thats the advertised discount.

What do you think a 2014 750i should be discounted? If the sticker is around $95k, maybe $75k?
Absolutely Not!

No. You are looking at a car that was probably built in 2013.

First, this is very suspicious. What's wrong with the dealer that they cannot unload some good 7 cars for over 2 years.

Two weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. But, now that the g11 has been fully disclosed, the value of a new 2014 just fell off a cliff.

If the trunk had gold bricks in it, then I would consider your offer.

Now, the dealer has been holding on to these cars so they don't have to lock in its losses.

This dealer might rather not sell these cars and get them to auction (as a mulligan) than actually sell them at a loss.

What to do:

1. You need to convey to the dealer that these 2014 7 series are junk. Tell them the high tech of the new 7 is incomparable and $20 off isn't anywhere near enough.

2. Nevertheless, you will consider taking $20k off under the following terms and conditions:

A. The dealer warrants the car is in new condition and never damaged or in a flood.
B. The dealer takes $20k off the top.
C. The dealer will give you the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty at no cost.
D. The dealer will add wheel and tire insurance at no cost.

I think this would be a decent and fair deal.
Appreciate 0