BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Lol, the fact that it's a big city makes even more suspicious.

I stand by my offer, or I'd walk.
when looking at new rides in SEPT and again in DEC both times, there wasnt a dealer we spoke with that even asked us to look at a 7, they all told us "the 7 sales are dead because the new S550 is on the ground and the new facelift 2016 7 series wont be on the ground for a while."

I know most of the high dollar leftover big ticket BMWs $100k+ are being discounted, but they aren't tossing out 20% off that Ive seen, but I know when we bought this 6 and 4, we found 4 dealers willing to take a $20k drop on any still new $100k MSRP car, and that was in Dec.

They can only drop so much and sooner or later (hence the big city comment) that someone will come in with marginal resources and the opportunity will present itself to stick em in a left over 2014 (they have more denied loans than sales and they said that happens daily, the Finance Manager lives in my neighborhood)

I know the 2016s are nice, but for the hit on a new ride, I would take a $20-25k off left over 2014 or 15 any day of the week. Those who lease may feel differently cause your just renting anyway.
Yes, that makes sense. P.T. Barnum said it best----suckers and 60 seconds, right?

Leasing vs financing should not have too much of an effect. You should always negotiate the purchase price first and then decide to lease/finance second.

But, the real devil here is depreciation.

New cars can't avoid depreciation forever. At some point, a new 2014 is not going to have the same value.

(Of course, if you took a new 2014 and never drove it then it might appreciate as a collector car.)

But, that's not what we have here. There are differences between the 2014 and 2015. And, even bigger differences between the 2015 and 2016.

The $20k reduction I am asking for has nothing to do with good will or some other incentive.

Rather, these cars dive in value quickly. I am saying that this 2014 lost $20k on its sticker as a line item due to the depreciation.

Now, something is only worth what others are willing to pay. So, if the BMW wants to hide the loss from a customer that can't afford a 2016 then that's different than this 2014 being sold for what it's really worth.
Appreciate 0