View Single Post
      05-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I also like how he treated all the under body parts like they were painted. Didn't throw down the cross members or even the plastic under tray.

Reminds me of the ordeal of working on my old 94 Z28. You would think a car that big would have decent access. Nope. Took me 4.5 hours over 2 days to replace spark plugs on the damn thing. I split the work into two days because I was too frustrated to finish on the first day. Had to remove the alternator to gain access to plug 2 and even after getting access, I had to do it all blind/feel. It's no wonder my buddy who owned a shop charges $200 to do the plugs and he has a lift to make things easier. Just more examples of how the engineers that design the car need to do maintenance/repairs on the cars they design in their sterile offices. One of the engineer's pay checks should be tied to how many hours they spend doing work on the car they design. The less time they spend on the car the more their effective per hour rate would be...just like how mechanics make a living.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10531.50