c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Why? Where's the superior tech? I don't see one yet. I don't see ev superior to ice yet in one single way except immediate torque. You can get that from a hybrid. Tesla may have some fun gadgets, but any ice car can have those too. Name one other way they are superior.
Go for a drive in a Tesla for a couple hours and then you're stuck waiting for it to charge back up. Sure a supercharger can almost top you off in 30 minutes, but just because Elon Musk says you should take a break from driving anyway, doesn't mean you want to. I like that I can go 400-500 miles on a tank of gas in the right car, but even if I can't, I can pull over fill up in a couple minutes and I'm back on the road. I think it was short sighted to get rid of the battery hot swap concept. They said no one used it. I was actually waiting for a solution like that because it negates the fill up advantage.

Plus do we really know all the environmental impact of pulling up all the metals needed for the batteries and the factories that create the batteries? And what happens with the spent batteries? Can they be recycled? I am reading they cannot for the most part.
Appreciate 0