View Single Post
      04-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Two Observations

I have two observations so far with my new F01 750i. One may be a software glitch - the other an annoyance.

1. If the media device I am listening to is the ipod, and I shut off my car - returning later and start up, I get to hear my daughter's DVD, in this case Elmo, start playing. It seems to only happen if i am playing my ipod and restart the car. I suspect the default under the CD/Media idrive selection is the DVD player, versus the external device, the ipod. I simply hit "radio" or something else and it goes away. It would be nice if it just went back to the last device played - not go to the DVD player. This is minor IMHO - but it could be an easy software fix.

If I have the SAT radio on and restart, I get the SAT radio. All is good.

2. Rear coat hanger hook is not deep enough to hold a hanger. In my profession, I wear a suit or sport coat daily. I have been using the same hanger in the previous 2 7 series and currently in my M6. The fricken hanger is falling off the hook ALL the time - because the hook does not have the right depth.

I take the same hanger to my M5 and it is FINE. The hook is about 5 mm deeper and holds the hanger well. I think this is a design problem and I wish BMW will fix this..... Note that there is now another 2 coat hooks on the B pillar. These are not helpful - as the suit jacket would need to hang by it's label and it also gets tweaked....

Appreciate 0