View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #947
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
* Production codes for the next 1 and 2: F40, F41, G42, G43, F44. I wonder why the coupe and the convertible are G while the rest are F...
Do I detect sarcasm? This is the best evidence yet to suggest that the small two-door models will remain on a RWD platform (CLAR seems the most likely at this point, but we'll see what more becomes known as time goes on).

However, the bad news is that, so far there are just the two G4x models. That means a RWD 2 Series Gran Coupe has yet to be confirmed. It would be a bitter pill for a lot of hopeful folks to swallow if the 2GC does show up, but in FWD/AWD form instead of RWD form. That would furthermore make the likelihood of an M2 GC very low. With the two-door models staying RWD (if they indeed are), M equivalents of those would then surely be developed using a RWD drivetrain consisting of a ~400hp I6. As such, I suspect that BMW would not be spending additional funds to develop any FWD/AWD M models with a ~400hp transverse I4 engine.

Quote:
Actually, I know that the last couple of months y'all have been waiting for something else. Well, your prayers have finally been answered: I can confirm that M2 CS will differ from the regular M2 in exactly the way you wanted. Though it'll be slightly detuned compared to M3/M4, to 400hp.
That's great! And with that now known, does it not seem just as likely the M4 CS will also get a power increase from the standard M4? I feel like the water-injected S55 is likely in play here.
Appreciate 1