View Single Post
      02-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
frieseke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 750li

I'd suggest if you can try talking to your salesman. Tell him that this is the problem on principle and you want it fixed. The service people at my BMW would give me the blades for free 100%. I've found that the salesmen have a surprising amount of clout when dealing with BMW corporate.

It could be worse though, at least you know what the problem is and how to fix it. My 7 has been in and out of the shop constantly since I've had it and the folks at BMW don't know how to fix it. There was a period of time from August the 4th till January 17th that I didn't drive my car because it was in the shop trying to get fixed. Just shy of 6 months with the car in the shop. The only reason I got it out was because my other car failed and it too needed to be in the BMW shop. They have had that car since December 28th, but I got the phone call it should be ready for me tomorrow, which at least gives me one car that works.

You want to see what it is like to be frustrated with BMW Corporate? Imagine them calling you to see what it will take to "Make things right" and all they talk about is the car. They say oh we will try to fix the suspension, or change the tire rotation speed or replace a computer module or change the steering wheel module or some other thing that always takes 4 weeks to get shipped in from Germany and doesn't do anything to fix the car. When you ask them how mad you are about this they just say we need to talk to engineers as how to best fix the problem. It was all I could do to not scream at them what does an engineer know about fixing ME??

Sorry for derailing a thread, its just I feel your pain and I wish you all the best in getting in solved. If its any consolation, I've cost BMW over 20k trying to fix my problem and they haven't figured it out.
Appreciate 0