08-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #140
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedChamp View Post
Absolute nonsense. People don't buy it yet because it's expensive and they don't know what to expect. Some of you really live in the past and try to keep finding excuses as to WHY you live in the past.

Listen, I am a huge petrolhead. Have had many M cars and 911s and enjoy the hell out of them and couldn't care less about fuel consumption. Nevertheless is something like a Tesla the better everyday car for me. I never have to fill it up, charging it is quick enough for me and super cheap, the car drives phenomenally well for its weight, is comfortable, has autopilot, is safe and does everything my ICE cars do, but better. It's a no brainer.

Again, if you are a regular road tripper, you would be stupid to buy a Tesla unless you are very aware of the limited range and you are okay with the supercharging stops. For everyone else, no matter if car enthusiast or not, a EV is the better car.

Btw Tesla has sold over 230.000 cars (Model S and X) which is very good for a brand new car manufacturer with very new technology. This number will change tremendously once the Model 3 pre-orders are built and delivered. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
What electric cars have you driven? I've driven the Bolt and the Volt. Was close to buying either one at different times, but neither fit my (outlier) commute of 175 miles/day. My best friend bought a 1st Gen Volt based on my recommendation. He's as much a petrolhead as you. I used an electric garden tractor to cut our family's 2 acre yard starting in 1973 (GE Electrak). I also have an electric golf cart for my wife to get around our property.

Tesla has sold 132,000 cars in the US and Canada since 2012.
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0