03-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #21
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
So, in the ongoing saga, I've been checking the pressure every day lately and the tire is still fine and not dropping so excluding a specific spot on the rim/tire that causes this loss of pressure...I think it is the TPM itself...as the warning is coming up each time I start the car now and the pressures are all fine (and within 0.1 of each other)...so will have to stop by a BMW garage and see if they can sort that out (not sure if that will be under the service coverage or not?)

In any case, don't want to be limited to 80 just in case and the warning message is getting annoying.

Will report back!
How old is the car? More likely a warranty issue than a service pack issue.

Not an expert on TPM as never hugely looked into it but believe it's a wireless sensor inside each of the tyres. I cannot imagine they are all that expensive even if the car wasn't in warranty / covered.

Limited to 80mph is something you need to get sorted out though, don't want you slowing us British down

I had a more annoying problem on my 335d at one point. One of the parking sensors thought I was always about to hit something so would give the constant beep. You didn't have to be parking for it to do it because if you get close enough to something even when not parking they switch on. So it would just beep all the time while driving it. I had to turn the audio off for the parking sensors until BMW replaced it for me.
Appreciate 0