Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Fairly good job? It took, what, eighteen months to deliver a win in GTLM? I don't agree with laying the blame solely on the car, but it's a stretch to say the M6 GTLM has done a "fairly good job" at much of anything in IMSA.

Now Europe is another story. Which is why I don't blame the car entirely.
I stand by my statement.
Yes it took a while but in the end it's still holding its ground, even if it is post-BoP adjustments.

The M6, really, is just a placeholder/transitional period between the retired Z4 and the upcoming M8.
As the M8 will be similar to the M6 as far as engine and dimensions, I'm sure the period of growing pains is over.

I agree. bradleyland knows as well. Winning at All Is doing fairly well when you are clearly driving a vehicle adapted for the class and not built for it.

The M6 in DTM is much closer to the M4 .. BMW has been racing cars like the Z4 and the M6 as heavily adapted cars that don't even fit in the series. Heck it's been that way since the PTG days and the E46 with a V8 that BMW ran for a year and a half without making a street version.

The M8 GTE represents a chassis that should be much closer to being on par with the big , low vehicles in series like the blancpainGT and IMSA GT.

Amazing that BMW has had any success racing a 6 series coupe against a 911 or Corvette sportscar chassis
Appreciate 0