View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #11
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganxxta View Post
Am I the only one who read "more expensive" the first time?

Thanks for elaborating on the car, I agree with most of your comments regarding the new useless stuff like the touchscreen.
Haha I would say both are correct in a way. Individual options and Composition has only been directly marketed in the U.S. for a small number of years now. Though for people in the know and willing to put in the effort it was possible to go beyond those fixed packages/colors/etc. What was presented at the event for interiors showed more content and variety than before.

For instance, non individual interiors have approximately the same number of colors and are not much different than current offerings as one would expect. But what was new is the multiple types/quality of materials and style these colors are available in. If anyone else who attended was there recalls differently, feel free to chime in but I recall 6 standard interior colors with 2 - 4 different layouts depending on the color and Design Line selected. For individual i believe 10 colors were shown with 2-3 variations of layout available.

The touchscreen is something that would always bother me personally. It's certainly not a deal breaker, but one of those "I wish it had been_______" items. In fact...I wish it had been a next generation improvement to the touchpad controller where contact and gesture recognition had been incorporated and focused towards. But that's just me and there will always be multiple ways to do something but only one will be decided upon. It could have been worse and be as horrid as the Mercedes Comand system that I thought couldn't be more annoying until I picked up an AMG C Class last night to evaluate. Its not the least bit intuitive at all, uncomfortable, and the only thing I can say positive about it is the graphics.

Last edited by lemetier; 04-20-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0