04-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #45
Danconia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post

I hate the sound the turn signals make when activated. It sounds hollow... almost plastic-y. On several occasions I wondered if something had come loose in the mechanism, because it has a hollow rattle-y sound. Not befitting such an incredible car.

I don't like having to press the Media button every time I get into the car and want to hear music. If I was previously listening to music from my iPhone when I switched the car off, why not start playing the music again when I start the car? Pressing Media then waiting for the music to start is maddening (given the last car did this seamlessly).

BMW Apps will occasionally launch Pandora on my iPhone and will start playing that as source music. Getting iDrive to "quit" Pandora seems next to impossible. I have to force-quit the app on my device before I can select another input source. Could be user error, but it didn't behave this way in the last car.

Agree with all of your good and bad points. I picked up a Glacier Silver G12 in March and I instantly thought the turn signals sounded like an old American car's signals.

I also have the issues with Pandora (and sometimes Audible) overtaking my Apple Music. I created a preset tied to the number buttons on the radio unit to go straight to my phones music. When I push the button, it quickly goes back to my music. I do think this is a BMW software issue.

Quick question: Do you have issues with another driver's profile? My driver profiles act all wonky when my wife is using the car.

Thanks for the excellent and informative post.
2008 E90 M3 - Gone
Appreciate 0