04-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #46
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danconia View Post
Quick question: Do you have issues with another driver's profile? My driver profiles act all wonky when my wife is using the car.
Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective ) I'm the only driver, so both Driver 1 and Driver 2 profiles are my own.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Display Key is set to Driver 2 by default, so if you originally unlocked the car with the non-display keyfob and customized settings (seats, mirrors, media, etc.) those are saved for Driver 1. I made that mistake when I picked up my car. I unlocked the car with the non-display keyfob, and monkeyed with a lot of settings at the dealer before driving off the lot. Got everything exactly the way I wanted, then when I got home, I ditched the non-display keyfob for the Display Key without thinking that key was reserved for Driver 2. Since I'm the only driver, I remedied the situation by copying the settings from Driver 1 to Driver 2 (using USB stick). Now both are the same, so it doesn't matter which key I choose. I'm getting used to the size and heft of the Display Key, so that's what I'm carrying daily, while the non-display keyfob sits at home.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0