Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I've watched the video several times. Lots of assumptions in this thread. No one knows what the driver's attention was focused on that caused him to miss the stop sign. No one knows where the kid was when the car stopped.

Being that the kid smashed the windshield from the passenger side of the car and the car was nearly halfway though the crosswalk when it stopped, my guess is that the kid was in the street coming towards the car. That too may have been what the driver was focused on causing him to miss the stop sign, maybe that's why he honked. Who knows? ....no one here.

The only thing anyone can be sure about is that the driver broke a traffic law and the kid committed a felony by willfully defacing someone else's property.
Your point about people not knowing what really happened is a fair one. You're right, maybe the kid wasn't lawfully walking across the street. Maybe the kid was unlawfully strolling down against traffic. Maybe the McLaren driver was warranted in honking. If that's the case, then I would pity the McLaren driver.

My punishment would not change, though. The driver still failed to stop at a stop sign (at minimum), and the teenager still committed vandalism.

But that's precisely why my punishment is independent about how I feel about the incident based on admittedly incomplete information and video evidence.
I too get the comment about people making assumptions BUT The kid was definitely already skating through the crosswalk starting from the opposite side of the cameraperson when the MC almost hit him. If you've ever skated, listen to the first few seconds. You can hear him drop the board on the road.and start skating across. He had enough time for about 4 pushes. You can also hear the kid stop first to avoid being hit as the MC rolls through and then the MC honks at him. Just sayin you can actually hear whats happening and common sense and physics fills in the blanks. Both made bad choices for sure!
2010 E92 335i :: ZSP :: 6AT :: 19" OEM/BBS 230's :: MHD Stage 2+ :: XHP Stage 3 :: ETS FMIC :: VRSF CL DP's :: AA CP & BOV :: Boost Addictions Diff Brace :: Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake :: High & Low Side OCC's :: RB ext PCV
Appreciate 0