11-22-2016, 11:15 PM   #17
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Yeah, um, Mike Skinner was a NASCAR driver for well more than 20 years. He even won the Truck Series championship one year. (Driving a Toyota, by the way).

(And no offense ... but I'm 100 percent certain that Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt fall under your stereotype as well. So a man's gotta be ultragentrified to be a good driver? Please.)

I'm no NASCAR fan, but I'm pretty sure Skinner can hold his own. Besides: his skill is only one reason why he was hired. His "hillbilly" point of view is another.

I don't give a shit about his driving abilities. He is the exact stereotype of what European's think of American's. They are just perpetuating the rumour that we are all inbred southerners who talk with a twang and sleep with our sisters. THIS is why he was hired. There are plenty of equally (or more) competent drivers that won't make Europeans think even less of us. His commentary was mediocre at best, and just gave me the impression that he was there to make American's look as stupid as other countries think we are.

This is why the Stig can't be replaced. He wasn't allowed to have an opinion. Hell, he didn't even have a face. Just pure driver, with no commentary, criticism or critique, whether it be good or bad. That is how he was intended to be. The least they could've done is hire an unbiased driver like Tanner Foust who will say good things about the car they are driving when there is clearly something good to be said, rather than "this ain't no 'Murican muscle, **ter-her-her**"
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 1
bmw1racer998.00