Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan
At least BMW manufactures it's own bikes:

The story behind the current bike collection.
BMW has been building innovative high-quality bikes for the past 60 years and has been a trailblazer in the industry on more than one occasion. In the 1950s BMW produced its first bicycle made of aluminium, a material that would only become popular in the industry around 30 years later. BMW engineers also played a decisive role in developing the suspension fork when they applied the design of a motorbike suspension fork to a mountain bike. The folding mechanism used on the BMW G Bike at the turn of the millennium also proved to be a pioneering development in the industry. The frames designed by DesignworksUSA for the second and now for the third generation of BMW bike collections are bold design statements.

I bought my BMW cruise bike - not the ///M version about 3 years ago, not intended as a mountain bike or serious road racer but makes for a decent cruiser for the beach, etc.. It's alright, not mad at my purchase.
I'm sure BMW gives its bike design job to an intern or somebody else there they would ever let touch anything automotive related
Lol....
Appreciate 0