cliverman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Once again thanks everyone for chiming in.
Thanks for the commentary on standard suspensions. Excellent question regarding tire age too; I've reached out to see if the owner knows.

That's kind but it doesn't answer my question.

I want a summer daily driver that calls to me, yet is practical enough to serve as an honest daily driver. I kinda want the top to go down too, but that's not a deal maker or killer.

In terms of 'calls to me' vehicles I have a 3.0si coupe and a Z4MC. I don't particularly see either as a daily driver, although I know some folks do. I want something a bit more refined but still enjoyable when called upon. Plus, well, "so many cars, so little time"; I want to expand my base of experiences. A rear engined flat six seems a good way to do that.

I certainly wouldn't trade my M for the 996 I drove, but then I don't plan on parting with that car any time soon. We have miles yet to go. I will probably part with the 3.0si though, although a bit reluctantly truth be told; that lightweight N52 makes for a very sprightly dance partner.

Whether or not a 996 replaces it is still up in the air.
Best of luck with your choice. I didn’t answer your question as I did not want to argue with you. Much of the feel of these two cars is subjective and driver choice. I sure there’s nothing that I can add to your decision - my apologies for even “chiming”in.
2015 F82 ///M4 (Ret.)
2011 E92 ///M3 (Ret.)
Appreciate 0