View Single Post
      06-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750_ooomph View Post
I am gonna be an owner of a new F02 7er. When I was watching InsideLine test I was shocked. Click the link below and check it out in the skid pad part (0:35). It has lots of body roll. Is that normal for a car of this size or maybe it did not have Dynamic Drive. It reminds me of muscle cars, lots of power but sucks in corners. Don't tell me its a luxury car, it should not handle very well. Its a BMW! BMWs are luxury cars that handle well but I am not sure about this new 7er.

In the second link is the comparison between the 7er and S-class. The S-class was slightly slower but it was so stable on the skid pad. Why wasn't the 7er stable in the skid pad?

7er track video

7er vs. S-class
keep in mind that the F01 and F02 are sporty luxury cars. They don't have skidpad numbers in the 90's. They handle sportingly and as any bmw, give the driver confidence in the car's ability. having said that, you don't buy these cars to take them to the track. try an m3 or my m5 or an m6.

for whatever reason, some people think the new 7 is an M7 - it is not. it is simply a large sedan that handles great (as compared to others in it's class) with excellent power and technolgies and styling.
Appreciate 0