Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
      05-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

The remote will let you close all the windows and fold the mirrors in when you hold the lock button longer for the second time.

I have tried the seat adjustment buttons in my car and they work perfectly, even the 750 in the showroom. I just came from the dealership as I had them top off the oil in the car and took the opportunity to test the seat adjustments on another car.

The seat bolster position is stored with the memory buttons and in your remote. When you are in the car and adjust the bolsters to 'grab' you as tight as you like it, use the memory buttons (e.g. M1) to save the seat settings, mirror and steering wheel positions. When you turn the engine off, the steering wheel will move to it's highest position and the bolsters will open to the widest angle for easy exit and entry next time you get into the car. You need to use the same remote to start the car again for it to know and setup the car the same way you programmed it earlier. Once you press the start button, the steering wheel will move into the previously programmed lower position and the bolsters will also move back into programmed position.

Just because another manufacturer is offering the rear fog lamps doesn't mean that they are legal in your country/state!

For example, back when some cars had those little whippers on the headlamps, which apparently are illegal in Canada, Volvo and Mercedes Benz imported some models with those whippers. They paid a fee and sold them in the Canadian market. So just because those two manufacturers were offering them, still doesn't make them legal!

Besides what do you really need the rear fog lights for? You got that much fog in your area all the time that you NEED them that badly?!?
The first time I saw the extra button on the dashboard and looked into the function of it, I thought the same thing, why aren't they offering this in Canada? That was until I found out that they are not legal...
If it's not legal, the manufacturer is not able to import that particular feature (e.g. The tinted individual windows, rear fog lights, etc.). Now you could always retrofit it later, but is it really worth the work and money?
Besides, I have found that in really bad weather (e.g. heavy fog, heavy snow fall, etc.) people behind you tend to follow the red lights ahead of them thinking that that's where the road is. Now if you find that it's too bad and you want to pull off the road onto the shoulder, the car following you might just plow right into you. Unless everybody has the rear fog lights and understands the function of it, I wouldn't turn them on...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0