03-05-2024, 06:44 AM   #31
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
I'm glad you had fun, but this sort of cements my thoughts about NOT going to Disney and giving them my hard earned after tax dollars. Just seems like they are there to fleece you with subpar food and accommodations and wait in line.

I'll stick with Wonderland up here in the great white north, maybe some parks in the States when we are down, heard things like Six Flags might be good.

Never been a Disney fan though, and with two boys who I'm not certain have ever watched a Disney movie as unbelievable as that may sound, they have no clue that this place exists and I don't think I'll bother enlightening them.
That is a good thing. Keep them busy with sports. Only thing I like to watch is a little bit of the Star Wars, but even that, I prefer to watch Space Balls to be honest. Don't get me wrong, everything was nice and thought out there at the parks but to me, I feel they need a complete revamp of everything. Seems like they are holding on to years past, maybe people love the nostalgic of things..which is cool and all, but to only have 1-2 rides that are somewhat even worth a damn and everything else is subpar, I will gladly take my money elsewhere for thrills.

As far as the food situation goes. Very disappointed. I thought the food would have been really good for what you pay. It was far from. No taste / flavor. Too much salt. If others love the food, good for them. Just isn't for me and my family.

I heard Six Flags are very nice. Never been though.

Everything is just way over priced for what you get. They nickel and dime to just ride rides is absurd. I had to pay for a Genie+ to ride some rides ($70+ per day for all three times 3 days we were at three different parks), then had to pay extra for the Lightening Lane (Another $70+ for the three of us) because some rides weren't part of the Genie+, oh and I had to pay extra for the Magic band too ($140) for the three of us. Actually, everything was tripled since it's all individual based. Myself, wife and daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Went to Dollywood a few years ago. I enjoyed it much more than the pEdoPHile kingdom.
Never been. I have driven by it but never been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
We've been Prestige pass holders at KI for two years but skipped the passes this year. Park has gotten insanely busy, water park is unbearable now and with Coney closing it will be worse. Prestige perks have been getting pretty crummy too, mmmm VIP tap water lol but hey at least we don't have to eat or park with the peasants. Wife and I spent about $1k last year for the two passes and perks and even with over 70 visits we didn't enjoy the year.

KI does have amazing rides, staff, it's a beautiful park that is also stunning at night. Also cool that we have one of only 7 giga coasters, at least I think that's the story still? Banshee is the best ride in my opinion, thing is bonkers good, perfect in every way.

We just feel like there at too many bad signs for this year, for instance, the elimination of KI embassadors which is insane, two less weeks this season, changes to Fast Pass which will make wait times longer, hiring of 3k less employees plus other issues. Food was a BIG disappointment this year, the new head chef didn't do a good job ( the old guy is now head of 9 parks food service) and Grain and Grill is horrible! Food was good occasionally (if busy) but mostly it was cold with tiny portions, I'd be ticked if I didn't have the meal plan. Rest of the food is good but they didn't mix it up enough like the past chef did.

I'm sure the Six Flags merger is going to be a BIG mistake, I sold my stock on the announcement that how much I think of it.

I miss the Paramount days but things always seem better when you're a child lol.

All of this said we are still very lucky to have such a great park for a metro of only 2.5mil.
That is all good information. I had no idea KI was going through all of that. Yeah, we hardly eat there and make an afternoon of it. Seems to be less crowded when we go and do that as opposed to go first thing in the morning and stay all day.

I love KI and all of the rides. To me, The Beast is the best they have. I grew up riding it and the ride is like nothing else out there. All wooden and fast as shit.

My parents have KI passes and we have a pass for my daughter. My parents love taking her a lot during the summer / fall time. 2-3 times per month and I know my daughter loves it. Especially getting older and taller, she is riding some of the big kid rides now and is a thrill seeker. Which I love seeing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasM3e93 View Post
I have earned all of my fatherhood theme park merit badges. God I’m glad that’s over!

Happy you enjoyed it.
I am working on mine! Haha! I have 4 badges under my belt. I am sure I will have more by the time my daughter is through high school. She is 6.5 now.

Thanks!
CamasM3e933222.50