Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
I don't think that's accurate at all. Samsung, LG, MS, Google, etc. hardly fail.
They can't even figure out how to stop the fragmentation and upgrade older phones.

Quote:
That's not an iOS vs. Android discussion, that's across all the market that they're in. Smartwatches are a great example. The MS Band or the Samsung S1/S2 line (neither of which are Android) are far more compelling and better performing products. And, they were to market before Apple. iOS has lagged behind Android for several release cycles now.
I don't really follow wearables but the fact that I'm not even aware that MS had a horse in the game or that S1/S2 is Samsung's attempt to break free of Android tells me that there isn't any traction there. But who the heck am I.

Quote:
And, OSX against Windows 10? While Windows has traditionally been a better fit for enterprise and productivity, it is now the best and most usable OS for almost every general purpose (there are some specialty areas where Mac still has an edge). In that space, you can clearly see just how lost Apple has become.
Enterprise would still be on XP if they could, most are stuck on 7 and only b/c they had to upgrade. Others that want to use 10 are trying to figure out how to use it w/o MS Cloud integrations (mostly b/c they are afraid of security issues, fact or fiction, I don't know) Look how MS used the FUD machine to force people to make a decision by ending the free upgrade. Most that "I know" where trying to figure out how to stop the "automatic" upgrade.

The only reason MS is still in enterprise is b/c IT is too comfortable with and not willing to learn what it takes to support alternatives. That's slowly changing with Sales using iPads and enterprise standardizing on iPhones. Where's Android here. Answer it's not. They are outside looking in.

Now in Education Google is making strides with Chromebooks and Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc. This is what Apple needs to address and are starting to with the latest release this month. MS this is the nail in their coffin.

Guess you know where I fall
Appreciate 1
jpnh1424.50