03-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #77
GeorgeA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
BMW has lost its identity. Aside from a few remaining desirable cars like the ///Ms of the world, 240 and 440 it's entire lineup is filled with bloated numb cars that don't deserve the roundel badge. My E90 felt like a race car compared to the F30 I drove, and the F30's interior wasn't any better in design and was even a notch below in quality, so I chose to keep the superior BMW of the two.

Going off that, BMW clearly doesn't give a shit about their interiors as of late either. Merc, Audi, Porsche, and even Lexus (check out the interior of the new LS, it's full of passion unlike the 7) have stepped up their interior design and quality with their latest redesigns. BMW's aren't bad but they leave a whole lot to be desired.

The brand as a whole reeks of GM syndrome: complacency and arrogance. Whoring out their reputation in the pursuit of next quarter's sales figures. Shareholders matter more than customers.

The only BMW that would get my $$ in the future is the ///M3/4. Otherwise it's hello Porsche.
Being an E92 owner, I have to say the new generation of BMWs do have really nice interiors. I guess its a matter of opinion but for me, they are much better looking than Mercedes or Lexus. Also the quality is top notch with great fit and finish. I have been driving a 430i for a month and its been great so far. I do agree with you about the steering though, its very vague and I would hope BMW fixes this with the newer electronic units. The gearbox is fantastic thought, 8 speed ZF is super quick in the 430i.
Appreciate 0