View Single Post
      09-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #54
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Thanks xDrive! Happy to have had you along for the ride. Here are some follow-ups:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I have no complaints about the sound system. It also depends on the quality of the source material that you play. If you play highly compressed files from your iPod/iPhone, then you can't expect the system to do wonders for you. I usually use either uncompressed or loss less type audio files and the playback is awesome. What did you use as reference when you were listening to it and are say that the system could/should be better?
Totally agree with you. I think the sound is fine... I guess I just expected more (good/great). Especially since the S550 comes with a 600 watt system as standard. I think the term "Premium Sound Package" leaves a certain expectation.

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to in regards to your active side bolsters comment, but when I get into the car, the seats are 'open' and when I start the car the side bolsters (on the rear seat portion) close to my preferred seat width! At the same time it lowers the steering wheel into position. When I turn the car off, the steering wheel goes up and the side bolsters open up so it's easier to get out of the car.
I guess I mean active seats: Side bolsters that inflate/stiffen if you enter a corner aggressively. Do any BMW's have this feature?

Quote:
My instrument cluster digital screen isn't fuzzy, in fact it is really sharp and very detailed. Maybe it's a setting in your car? I think the contrast changes with the dashboard illumination setting?!?
Fuzzy may be a slight exaggeration... I mean to say its not as crisp as the main screen. The resolution is not as high... creating a somewhat "fuzzy" look.

Quote:
I always have the lane departure warning enabled and find it quite useful. What you experienced may have something to do with the width of the European streets
Give it another go once you get your car...
This may also be due to the fact that I don't always signal... leading to a lot of steering wheel vibration! I will definitely turn it on if I'm feeling at all drowsy.

Quote:
Any window stops it's movement as soon as you open the corresponding door, it does that on mine as well as my wife's BMW. I think that they consider that a safety feature. Goes along the same way as not being able to close the power trunk from the 'open only' button inside the car or from the remote!!!
This sounds like a strictly BMW thing. My Mercedes certainly will let me open the door and close the window with one-click at the same time.

Last edited by hayden; 09-18-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0