08-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck View Post
My question regarding lease vs Buy seems to be something no one answered.I was inclined towards leasing but wife seems to be interested in the buying proposition. I was wondering if buying a 2014 model[when the new model is coming out in 2 years] makes sense.The guys ordering 2014's...are you leasing or buying?.I just don't want this ti become a lease vs buy discussion. I have been through plenty of those.I was curious about the 7 series in particular as I assume the 7 series Clients tend to buy[than lease] their cars compared to 5/3 series.

I've heard most people lease the 7's. There are some advantages, for one, you do not end up paying the tax on the car -- and you can often make a deal on purchasing the car at the end of the lease, if it makes sense to do so. Generally the car would be worth less money than the residual in your contract and you can negotiate a sale price. You can also walk away and go with the next thing and let the bank absorb any depreciation. The problem with leasing is you're perpetually in a car payment, unless you buy at the end. If you're not sure you would want that car in a couple years (or a few, whatever the terms are) then you would lease because you give yourself the flexibility.

I purchase personally, but I generally get a sweet enough deal, given incentives, free monies from BMW and BMW CCA and all that on top of the awesome price that my fleet guy (known for 9 years) gives me.
No car is really worth shit 2 or 3 years after you've been using it anyway, so all depends on what makes the most sense for you.

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0