View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 11:59 PM   #12
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
What I find interesting is that the numbers seem to always bear out that scott26 is constantly lying to us. A reflection on how bmw treats its best customers. Smart companies like Apple, Google, Tesla actively court their enthusiasts and reliable customers. We advertise for bmw far more in the long term then any advertising campaign and well it looks like the chickens are coming home to roost.

The collective forum knowledge seems to usually be spot on.

I'm sure scott will chime in on how mercedes is doing worse (nope not true) or something else equally false and irrelevant to Bmws lineup.

The total sales figure are one thing and profits are something else.

I'm sure profits are fine.

From our point of view, the distribution here is a little worrysome and I always wonder why bmw doesn't court us and the general public at the same time ? Mercedes will make ultra rare super sports cars at the same time as mushy vans, even though one may not be as profitable it seems they want to have all bases covered.

Here it seems bmw chases highest possible profit ?
Mercedes puts in the capex and other costs like research. Bmw making safety cars for marketing mperformance products. Mercedes doing f1 with niki lauda and Hamilton.