View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #14
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

I've swapped literally dozens of SSDs for conventional disks for myself, friends and family. Never had a problem. Once it was licensed, MS was OK with it......and I'm pretty "honest" about licensing since I'm involved in managing our KMS server at work with 30,000 Windows servers... and another 40,000 Linux/Unix/Solaris boxes but... I don't have so much of a hand in the RedHat licensing. If you swap out a number of components or... as I've seen guys on CL advertising a hard disk with Win 10 installed... you might have a problem but... I've never had an issue swapping a typical "hard disk" for an SSD and MS complaining.

Adding info... I did have problem activating Win 10 on the gaming/VR rig my son and I built for Christmas. It was a "scratch" build, we bought the case, motherboard, cpu, gpu, nvme pcie ssd (for OS and core apps), regular ssd (for games), and conventional disk for recordings, ram, etc. I bought a "legit" copy of Win 10 but it wouldn't activate. It was a sealed, legit copy. Called MS, gave them the info... no problem, they turned it up.

Last edited by amgraham; 02-02-2018 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Added info...
Appreciate 0