03-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #67
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Hi,

Slow day, so I'll take a moment to play....

I don't think that we exchanged comments before, so not clear why you seem animated?

My comments below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d05wtt View Post
The fact that you think they do go off-road, just made my point. BMW SUVs were never made to go off-road, just like the Porsche Cayennes, Cadillac Escallades, Audis, etc. And if you think they were supposed to, then you really don't understand. I totally get that you think the moniker "SUV" should mean that they are off-road capable, and in a way I agree. But the reality is that most car brands make SUVs not to do that, and BMW is one of them. They never pretended to be from the start.
I drove the X5 in 2000. No room in back to load gear, the salesman kept telling me the X5 handles like a sports sedan, but his comments were incongruent with the feedback during our drive, and as you point out, the vehicle isn't even designed to go off-road. Maybe I misunderstood BMW's brave new direction, and simply didn't realize the value of a delicate truck with limited cargo capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d05wtt View Post
When you made comments IN A PUBLIC FORUM that criticize the direction BMW design is going, you left yourself open to criticism also. It's your right to opine as it is mine to opine about your comments. I will borrow your own words, "you take my opinion too personally" and throw it right back at ya. Btw, not once did I call you "ignorant" nor call you names. Since you will "never" buy another BMW, does that still make you a BMW enthusiast? And if not, I guess I won't be seeing your comments in this forum again. In that case, I wish you happiness in your life, and maybe someday, I'll see you in the Jeep Grand Cherokee forums. Take care.
Nor did I speak disparagingly about you. I simply opined in a public forum. I ordinarily enjoy learning from others with different experiences from me. Sadly, not so much opportunity for that here. Yes, I can't consider myself a "BMW enthusiast" today because the attributes that drew me to the marque 30 years ago have been abandoned by current management. Nor am I an off-road enthusiast, so wasn't active in Jeep forums.

Wishing you well and have a nice weekend.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0