04-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #80
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
Being an E92 owner, I have to say the new generation of BMWs do have really nice interiors. I guess its a matter of opinion but for me, they are much better looking than Mercedes or Lexus. Also the quality is top notch with great fit and finish. I have been driving a 430i for a month and its been great so far. I do agree with you about the steering though, its very vague and I would hope BMW fixes this with the newer electronic units. The gearbox is fantastic thought, 8 speed ZF is super quick in the 430i.
I'm not saying the current crop of BMWs have bad or even sub-par interiors, they just didn't push the buck forward enough compared to what Audi and especially Merc have been doing. The design theme has been too evolutionary and it bores people out. Rumors of why the 7er has sold slowly have been traced back to internal blame on the ho-hum exterior and interior design. Check out the new Lexus LS' interior....now that is both fancy and very inspired. It looks like a special place to be.

The G11's interior? Nice but been there done that, the material quality is right up there with the S-class, but its "meh" design just doesn't provide that special feeling of its competitors.
Appreciate 0