View Single Post
      11-26-2023, 03:40 PM   #1
Budsy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 7 Series Active Hybrid

7 Series Change Country from Japan to UK

Hi I am new to the forum so please be gentle. Just imported a 2013 Active 7 Hybrid from Japan to the UK and now in process of changing the Sat Nav and possibly coding the dash with an MPH display if possible.
The speedo face is currently a kmh only face so I am torn a little as to which way to proceed. I have had 25 years of importing from Japan and very used to the Toyota and Nissan market but this is my first BMW from Japan and it is in perfect order so dont want to spoil it.
Have changed the language settings so all now in English

I have read conflicting advice about the dashboard....it has HU display so do I

A. Keep the original dashboard and find a code to include an MPH readout on the dash and maybe change the fixed face to a combined KMH and MPH speedo

If so any advice on which file or files to use ? I have read that there is one file which covers the UK rather than changing multiple codes.....

I have just purchased some coding leads and software so hopefully this will work...any advice aqppreciated on the coding

B Do I change to a virgin dash with mph readout.....As it is hybrid does this dashboard differ to the standard F series dashboards so would lose some of the hybrid lights and functionality? Not sure if it has to be Hybrid specific dash

C I have just tried updating the maps by plugging into the only usb i can find ...in centre console but it will not recognise the USB I was hoping to change the continent or do I need to code anything first to change the Nav settings....?

Any help or advice really appreciated
Appreciate 0