View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
I did complain to BMW's senior management that I should be allowed to upgrade (at my expense) to the digital instrument cluster and the new iDrive touch. They both literally came out moments after I bought my car.

I was so pissed because I was led to believe the major upgrades were in the LCI and nothing new would be coming out.

I pleaded with senior management at BMW corporate. I was willing to pay for the upgrade, I just wanted it to be supported by my warranty.

I begged and explained that I was a near 20 year BMW customer and that I was on my sixth 7 series! I explained that this was not fair because the digital cluster and iDrive touch were so materially different and that really means the LCI wasn't dispatched until 2014---not 2013 as BMW advertised.

Well, in the end the CEO's office at BMW told me in so many words to take a hike.

That's loyalty for ya! I shall remember it 8 months from now when my lease is up. It's time to consider a Benz. I believe I made a very good case and the CEO's office at BMW was unmoved.

BMW doesn't realize that loyalty from customers like me are the reason for BMW's success. And, when you get a 20 year customer making a great case that he was dealt a bad deal, BMW should remedy the problem without batting an eyelash.

Well, that didn't happen. There was no follow through. No follow up. All I get was a door slam. I hear that door slam every month when I sign BMW's check for my 750 and another check for my wife's x1.
Wow! I can understand your frustration.I don't understand why BMW was so adamant to just offer the warranty for the upgrade.As I have said its not a deal breaker in an otherwise good car.But I agree with you ,I think you should try other horizons but I doubt you will get any different treatment from MBUSA or any other company.I am pretty sure they will throw in a bone for you when you decide to move on at the end of the lease.
Appreciate 0