E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
A lot of knee-jerk posturing here. ROS outqualified HAM last year, and beat him on-track several times. He's no hack. He consistently beat Schumacher for 2 years. Raikkonen is often listed among the top drivers, yet he's been roundly trumped by both Alonso and Vettel, so what does that mean?

Clearly, Hamilton's more comfortable than ROS with this year's car, but that can change. It had better change, or this will be one damn boring year.
Last year Nico had a chance, but he never beat Hamilton on the track. All of his race wins were either Hamilton suffered problems, or Merc drivers tripping over each other, or being controversial.

I do have to give him the kudo's of being a better qualifier. But that's about it.

He's is decent, but I don't think he can be consistency be Championship material for several years. I mean hunting for the championship for several years.

This year so far, he's nothing but showing he can BS. He hasn't done his driving to prove himself.

All being said, are driver's ability being more influenced by their comfort level of the cars, and how good the car is? Compare to the past ages, we can often see legends made occasional miracle with a POS.
Cars are a lot more complicated, with KERS, HERS, Power Unit, Brake by Wire, and when to lift-and-cruise, conserve fuel and energy, as well as tire management. All along with usual car set up.