View Single Post
      03-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Drove the new 7-series today.

In a word, wow. I was very impressed - both by the looks and performance. Pictures simply do not do this car justice, this new 7 has a much more aggressive appearance. I'll share a few quick thoughts.

I drove the sport-package equipped version of the 750i, black on black, equipped with the new 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 that produces 400hp and 450tq.

This car had high-gloss black shadowline trim, and with the sport package it had I believe 19-inch wheels, which were a kind of anthracite or gun-metal color, similar to the stock 18-inch wheels on the M3. Also, the sport steering wheel was phenomenal. It was small and thick, very similar to the wheel of the new E9X M3 but not quite as girthy.

You have the ability customize your suspension, throttle sensitivity, and traction control setup by selecting from the choices of comfort, normal, sport, and sport plus. The shift to comfort is immediately noticeable; it rides exactly how you would expect a 7 to ride.

This car, to put it simply, hauls ass. It is very, very quick for a car this size, I believe it is rated at 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, but it felt even faster than that. Gobs of torque. No turbo lag. The twin-turbo V8 is . The sport package gives you the active roll stabilization as well as active steering - I think that the sport package is a must for this car. I cannot believe the way it attacked the corners - it really did not feel like a 4,500lb+ car.

The new I-Drive is awesome, by the way.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0