View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #13
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

New cars get damaged during transport all the time and it seems that yours may have sustained damage during shipping to the US. Cars that have damage due to shipping are often repaired at the PDC before they are sent to the distribution network (Dealers). Also if the damage falls below a certain threshold, BMWUSA nor the dealer is obligated to disclose it to you.

This is the reason why you should always closely inspect a new vehicle, it doesn't matter if it has 0 miles in the odometer. Take delivery during the day preferably and if you don't know what to look for or how to distinguish possible takeaways of body/paint/bumper repair, take with you someone that with a keen eye for stuff like that (Friend, family member, colleague, etc).

People never realize how much damage and repairs new cars sustain before they get to customer's hands.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0